DSP Utility Locator:
- Universal utility locator is used
for tracing underground cables and utility lines
by electromagnetic field.
- The locator works at any frequency
from 50Hz to 500kHz and provides variety of active,
passive and special operating modes.
- The locator's core is BlackFin
BF-512 DSP from Analog Devices.
- DSP technology provides high performance
Abvolt developed electronic
hardware and signal processing software for the locator.
Stick-MSL low cost magnetometer/utility
- This simple to use and low cost
tool is used for finding utility lines and ferrous
objects in the ground.
- Utility lines are located by electromagnetic
field; ferrous objects are detected by magnetometer.
- Analog sygnal processing
Abvolt designed and developed software and hardware for the stick.
Utility Tracing Transmitter:
- Utility tracing transmitter is
used together with line locators to inject signal
into underground utility lines or cables.
- The transmitter generates up to
10W output in inductive coupling or direct connection
- This high power level is sufficient
for reliable line or utility tracing at any job
- The operating frequency range is
from 512Hz to 500kHz.
- Transmitter uses power efficient
switch mode technology. That allows for longer operating
hours when running on batteries.
Abvolt developed electronics
and software for the transmitter.
Geophysical measurements and data acquisition:
- This is universal controller card
combining DSP BlackFin BF-526, FPGA, Compact Flash
memory, USB interface, Ethernet, three x 24 bit
ADC channels and 8 x 16 bit DAC channels, real time
clock, a bunch of build in sensors such as temperature
and humidity, and extensive peripheral interface.
- The controller is intended for
building modular systems for geoseismic data acquisition,
wireless communication and control.
- The controller runs proprietary
Underground networked controllers:
- Abvolt developed a family of small controllers for underground machinery remote control, telemetry, data acquisition and positioning. The controllers are powered by and communicate through proprietary 2-wire network and/or VLF wireless. The devices operate in harsh environment (high temperature, hydraulic fluids) and tight space.
- This controller provides two PWM regulated outputs (up to 3A each) to drive motors or valves.
- This controller provides positioning data to the surface. The positioning data consists of 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis compass and temperature.
- Underground VLF telemetry transmitter with data acquisition. The telemetry is 8 analog channels x 16 bit resolution with data rate of 4800 bps.
- VLF receiver for telemetry information.